Monday, January 25, 2010

Squeeeee!!!!!

I've tried to find a way to not make this sound boastful, but I'm not sure I can so....I've been featured on one of my favorite textile blogs, Mr. X Stitch! Beefranck, aka Bridget, is one of the fabulous, hilarious, creative minds behind the site and I've admired her work for a long time. A few months ago I approached her about doing a swap and, to my utter delight, she accepted!

This is what she made me:
Peer Gynt Cross Stitch

And this is what I made her:
MST3K for Beefranck

Since we made the swap pretty close to Christmas she asked if I would be willing to make her another MST3K for a friend of hers, to which I couldn't say no. A few weeks later she emailed me to say that she was going to feature me on Mr. X Stitch and I'm not gonna lie, I peed a little I was so thrilled. I love this site because they find some of the most creative and out-of-the-box textile work I've ever seen. In many many ways the work they feature there has inspired a lot of the work I do today. *tear* If you'd like to see the feature (and read the very kind words Beefranck has to say) you can find the article here.

Thank you, Bridget! You're the bestest!


*M*

No comments: