Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Y: The Last Man





About ten minutes ago I finally finished the graphic novel series Y:The Last Man. I've been plowing through all ten books, one after another, like candy. I haven't been able to get enough of them and now it's over. It's all over. It's been a long time since I've finished a book(s) and found myself so engaged with the story and characters that I was sad when I came to the end.

I can't believe it ended.

Most of my friends are comic book geeks (I say this with great affection), but up until about two years ago I could never get into them. Then I took a chance and read Watchmen and I've spiraled into graphic novel heaven ever since. So far, everything I've read I've loved, but Y: The Last Man was the first to actually make me fight back tears when I came to the end.

The graphic above begins the premise of the story; A plague hits the earth killing every living being with a Y chromosome...except one man and his monkey, Ampersand. Dun dun dun!!! I could go into it further, but then I'd give away too much. So, in short, READ THESE BOOKS!

*M*

PS. Why does it have to be over? le sigh.

No comments: