Monday, February 23, 2009

Silk Screened 60s Mod Dress

I've been meaning to duplicate this one dress I bought last fall and I finally had the time and materials to do it this past weekend. I took the dress, measured and cut out the pattern and then cut out the new pieces onto a mustard colored cotton. Then I took the skirt part to my screen printing class where I printed images on both the front and back. Saturday night I spent about three hours sewing everything together and now I'm happy to present...
Front

Back


Granted, it's a little short and the arm holes need some adjusting, but overall I'm uber happy with how it turned out! Now I just have to find an occasion to wear it!

Happy Monday readers!
*M*

1 comment:

k. borcz said...

love it!! Great job. And yellow is such a popular color this spring.