Friday, January 9, 2009

Art of the Poster

Wednesday night I had my first Art of the Poster class at Lilstreet Art Center. It was super rad and my teacher, Tom, is at least 27 kinds of awesome. He not only showed us how to set up a screen for printing he also talked about different inks (grains and such), mesh counts for the screens, introduced us to different styles and techniques and he gave us our first assignment. We're supposed to come in with an idea for a simple political poster. Considering the gambit of political topics ravaging the media at the moment, needless to say, there's quite a bit to choose from. I read this article about the children in Gaza a little while ago and it's really stuck with me, so I decided to base my poster off that article. This is what I came up with:
One Boy From Gaza

Next week I make my first screen! Gah!
Happy Friday,
*M*

No comments: