Friday, April 10, 2009

99 WaysTo.......

I used to hate throwing old jeans away after they fell apart. What a waste. But then I bought 99 Ways to Cut, Sew & Deck out Your Denim and finally put it to use last night.

My first recycled jeans project:
Recycled jeans bag

It needs some embellishments, but I'm very happy with how it turned out.

See?
:) <----Happy!


I've been thinking a lot lately about what to do to help livin' up the sales on my Etsy store and one idea I've been toying with is working with more recycled materials. Specifically, used t-shirts. I really like the idea of screen printing over old screen prints and bring new life to old garments. I just need a free minute to get to the thrift store! Ugh! I've come to both love and dispise being busy. What a curse and a blessing. Oh well, I digress....recycled shirts. Yes. Top priority on the To Do List...of 1001 Things to Do. ;)

Happy Friday kids!
*M*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice!

I'm :) when you're :)

*M* said...

Aww, ditto!