Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lovely weekends come and go so quickly...

My dear friends Jim & Jo came for a visit this weekend. They live across the pond in England. The last time I saw them was over a year ago when they came to visit Chicago during a seven week long vacation to the States. They jet-setted from the west coast to the east coast and we got to spend about four days together, roaming the city, over eating, going to museums, seeing plays, and drinking snakebites (which I found out during their most recent trip are illegal in the UK!). This visit wasn't all the different. :) We had a lazy day here and there, but we managed to keep ourselves busy with the Wicker Park Fest where we saw my friend Marcie's band Silverghost play, we shopped, swapped new music, talked about getting tattoos, they sat in on the first dress rehearsal for my show, The Wonder and countless pictures were taken.

Just before they left (at 4am this moring) Jim went out into the night and left a little something behind in the streets of northern Chicago...
Jim Cereal by the train tracks
JIm Cereal
I'm so happy to have something new to look at one the way to the train in the morning. :)

Happy tuesday folks!
*M*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But I LIKE snakebites!!

*M* said...

You can still like snakebites, K. You don't have to stop.